Abstract Book: XIV Congress of Polish Society of Nephrology
XIV Congress of Polish Society of Nephrology
June 9–11, 2022
The XIV Congress of Polish Society of Nephrology was held in Wrocław between June 9 and June 11, 2022. It was the largest triennial Nephrology Congress in Poland, welcoming over 400 of attendees, focusing on key learning features both in the clinical field as well as the scientific and latest innovations.
The Congress started from two Hands-On Courses on interventional nephrology and nutrition in kidney diseases. These tailored courses given by top Polish experts in the field offered a unique opportunity for professional development.
Lectures on modern trends in nephrology were given by 42 distinguished specialists from Poland, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Germany, and the United Kingdom. Except of inauguration session devoted to perspectives of clinical and experimental nephrology, the program included 7 sessions:
1. Glomerulopathies – advances in diagnosis and therapy;
2. Inhibition of the progression of chronic kidney disease – new players, old problems;
3. Kidney transplantation – nephrological point of view;
4. Renal replacement therapy – optimization of therapy;
5. Interdisciplinary care for patients with nephropathy;
6. Directions of development of nephrology;
7. Electrolyte disturbances in kidney diseases.
Signs of return to normality after COVID-19 pandemic can also be seen from the large number of high-quality abstracts received which are presented in this special issue of Advances of Clinical and Experimental Medicine.
Key words: nephrology, kidney diseases, renal replacement therapy, renal dialysis, kidney transplantation